NO PURCHASE OR SURVEY NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the following regions: U.S., Canada (excluding Quebec), Brazil, Argentina, UK, France, Germany, Austria, Ireland, Finland, Greece, Portugal, Switzerland, Japan, South Africa, South Korea, Taiwan, Australia, India and New Zealand, who are of the age of majority in their state/province/country of residence at date of entry. Employees of Virtual Edge Institute (VEI) its subsidiaries, affiliates and its promotion agencies, as well as the immediate family and household members of each such employee, are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial, territorial, municipal, and local laws and regulations. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited or restricted by law, including but not limited to Rhode Island.
2. TO ENTER: The VEI Survey Sweepstakes also known as prize draw (“Sweepstakes”) begins 12:00 am G.M.T. on April 22, 2011 and ends 11:59 pm G.M.T. on May 21, 2010 (“Promotion Period”). You are automatically entered when you have successfully completed or complete one of the VEI hosted surveys during the Promotion Period. Upon your successful completion of your survey, you automatically receive one (1) Sweepstakes entries. Any subsequent surveys that you successfully complete do not earn you additional Sweepstakes entries. All surveys must be complete, including accurate contact information, to earn entries. Normal Internet access and phone/usage charges imposed by your online/phone service may apply and shall be the winners’ sole responsibility, if applicable. If you do not wish to complete a survey but still wish to enter this Sweepstakes, you may do so by hand printing your first name, last name, address, city, state/province, postal code, country, date of birth, telephone number and email address, on a 3” X 5” paper and mail the paper in a hand-addressed stamped envelope to: VEI Survey Sweepstakes, 340 Mullin Ct., Pleasanton, CA 94566, USA. All mailed entries must be postmarked by May 21, 2011 and received by May 28, 2010. Mailed entries must be complete in order to be eligible. Residents of France may e-mail the above entrant information to sweepstakes@ virtualedge.org to gain one (1) Sweepstakes entries for their first entry received via email. There is a limit of 1 entry per person regardless of entry method.
3. RANDOM DRAWING: Nineteen potential prizewinners will be selected in a random drawing on or about May 31, 2011, from among all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
4. PRIZES AND ACTUAL RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”): Two grand prize winners will receive an Apple iPad Wi-Fi – Apple iOS – Black (ARV $499). Potential winners will be notified via e-mail address provided in their survey responses. Winners must respond within two weeks to VEI’s prize notification email and claim a prize. Winners who fail to respond, forfeit their prize and VEI will perform another random drawing to select a replacement winner. Return of any prize or prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and alternate winner selected.
5. GENERAL RULES: Winning is contingent on fulfilling all requirements set forth in these Official Rules. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to use winners’ names, likenesses, photographs, voices, opinions and/or hometown and states/provinces/countries for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration except where prohibited by law. If winner is a Canadian resident, he/she must answer unaided a time-limited arithmetic skill-testing question as a condition to receiving a prize. VEI and its survey sponsors assume no responsibility or liability for damages, losses or injury resulting from your acceptance or use/misuse of prize. Any taxes, surcharges, fees, duties, or tariffs required to accept delivery of the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. All entries become VEI’s sole property of and none will be returned. In the event of a dispute, entries made by Internet will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. The “authorized account holder” is deemed the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, service provider or other online organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Each potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, human error or any other causes beyond the control of VEI that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, VEI reserves the right in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the survey portion of the Sweepstakes and award prizes from among all eligible survey entries received prior to cancellation or termination and all eligible mailed entries received. VEI is not responsible for incomplete, illegible, misdirected, damaged, lost, postage due or late mailed entries, or for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes which may limit the ability to participate or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Sweepstakes. VEI is not responsible for any typographical error in the printing of these Official Rules, administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of the Sweepstakes prizes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, VEI RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. By entering into this Sweepstakes, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these Official Rules.
6. GOVERNING LAW: The Sweepstakes and the rights and obligations of the entrants will be governed and controlled by the laws of the state of California, USA, and any disputes shall be referred to the exclusive jurisdiction of the California state, US courts.
7. WINNERS LIST: The Winner(s)’ names will be available at http://www.virtualedgeinstitute.com/winners, from July 315, 2010 to August 31, 2011.
8. PRIVACY: Personal information of entrants will be used to conduct the prize drawings and to enable the prizes to be sent out. In addition, your VEI account information may be associated with your survey responses. We will not share your personally identifying information (Name and Contact Information) with any third parties, but we will share your anonymized responses with third parties. We share our survey results (except personally identifying information) generously so that many people can learn about the state of the industry. You agree to the processing of personal information about you for the purposes and in the manner set out above, including the disclosures of such information or transfer of it to jurisdictions which may not provide the same legal protection as in your country of residence.
9. SPONSOR: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is the Virtual Edge Institute, 340 Mullin Ct, Pleasanton, CA 94566,USA.